JD Long Masonry has a serious commitment to safety. This commitment is established day one of employment. Prior to a field assignment, each employee is tested on a comprehensive masonry specific safety orientation program. The information utilized to accomplish this process is gained from OSHA, EM-385, MCAA, our insurance carrier, and input from our experienced workforce. Our supervisors receive monthly and ongoing web-based training on various subjects and best practices. We also perform safety audits of our job sites to enforce stringent safety rules and regulations. Our belief in training, education, and routine safety audits of all job sites has proven successful in our efforts to maintaining a ZERO tolerance for accidents.
Some of the programs that we have implemented to reduce the overall impact of injuries include:
- Upgrading to scaffold and work platforms with an integral guardrail system
- Training requirements for all supervisory personnel (OSHA)
- Ongoing safety training for all employees via daily safety meetings
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Program – Screens all applicants and subjects all employees to ongoing random testing
- 24-Hour immediate injury management services provided to ensure injured employees receive timely and adequate medical treatment
- Stop Work Authority – All employees at JDML are empowered to stop and correct any unsafe condition or act. Each employee receives the necessary training on how to approach and resolve any issues they may be confronted with on a job site.
- Continuing Commitment to Safety – JD Long maintains a full time Director of Safety that oversees the implementation of the safety and loss program and maintaining our core values. From our owner and officers to our field laborers, the corporate commitment to safety is priority number one.